XFCE4.4

Kevin Fenzi kevin-redhat-beta at scrye.com
Wed Jun 21 17:20:38 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Michael Reilly <paul.m.reilly at verizon.com> writes:

Paul> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>>>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Michael Reilly <paul.m.reilly at verizon.com>
>>>>>>> writes:
Paul> One of the ways I would like to give back to Fedora is to help
Paul> out with Xfce, in particular by testing xfce4.4 in rawhide.  As
Paul> near as I can tell the development rpms are still xfce4.2 based.
Paul> Based on that, it would appear to be more of a development
Paul> effort than a testing effort.  Correct?  And if so, can someone
Paul> suggest a developer to work with in getting xfce4.4 ready for
Paul> FC6?
>> Greetings Paul. I am the Xfce maintainer in extras. :)

Paul> Thanks for replying.

No problem. :)

>> I haven't pushed Xfce4.4b1 into rawhide yet. The issue being that
>> Xfce isn't on a time based release schedule. It's ready when it's
>> ready. I don't want to push 4.4beta in now only to have 4.4 final
>> not out by the time FC6 is released. That would have us shipping a
>> beta in a release branch. ;(

Paul> In that case, I will switch to using the non-RPM version and
Paul> keep good notes for when you push 4.4 into rawhide.

ok. I also have some early 4.4beta1 rpms for devel... and I should
have some more polished ones for beta2 when it comes out. Perhaps you
would like to assist testing those down the road?

Paul> -pmr

kevin