Fedora Core 5 Test Update: kernel-2.6.17-1.2138_FC5

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jun 22 11:33:20 UTC 2006

Patrick <fedora-list <at> puzzled.xs4all.nl> writes:
> Works quite well and seems faster. The header file dm.h is included so
> it's way easier now to build TrueCrypt. The bcm43xx/softmac are notable
> improvements.

The FC5 2.6.16 kernels actually already included bcm43xx and softmac.

> 2) wpa_supplicant does not have support for the bcm43xx driver so I am
>    not sure if it's usable at all. Without specifying a DRIVER in
>    /etc/sysconfig/wap_supplicant it does not start but the available
>    drivers do not include the bcm43xx according to man wap_supplicant

AFAIK, you should be specifying "wext" as the driver in wpa_supplicant.

Also, bcm43xx won't work without (proprietary) firmware, you have to get
bcm43xx-fwcutter from Extras and follow the instructions which come with it.

         Kevin Kofler