Xfce 4.4beta1 test repo (was Re: XFCE4.4)

Kevin Fenzi kevin-redhat-beta at scrye.com
Fri Jun 23 16:39:10 UTC 2006

>> Yeah, I was intending to do something like that. Note that I don't
>> have a "people" directory, since I don't work for redhat (Xfce is
>> in extras. ;) I will see about setting up a repo here later tonight
>> with the beta1 packages I have now. testing appreciated. Would
>> devel/fc6 be sufficent? Or would folks like fc5 versions as well?

Paul> Kevin, I'm only concerned with devel, FWIW.  And let us know if
Paul> a repo server for this special xfce4.4 test is an issue.  I
Paul> suspect we can solve that one fairly easily.

Ok, by popular demand... I've got a repo setup for Xfce 4.4beta1.

NOTE: This is a beta1 release. It could eat your data, blow up your
computer and drive off to vegas with your valuables. ;)

A few other things to note:

- I don't have a orage package ready yet. orage is the new
xfcalendar.

- I don't have my mousepad package ready yet. Mousepad is a simple and
lightweight text editor that will be shipped with 4.4.

- I don't have a thunar package ready yet. Thunar is the Xfce 4.4 file
manager, replacing xffm. Patrice Dumas is looking at packaging
Thunar.

The following packages that are in 4.2 are no longer in 4.4:
xfce4-iconbox
xfce4-systray
xfce4-toys
xfce4-trigger-launcher
xffm

- I have only done minimal testing so far on things, so more testing
is welcome. I can also probibly make fc5 rpms if there is a demand.

- Please send bug reports/patches to me.

I will try and keep the repo up to date with betas moving forward.

for your /etc/yum.repos.d/xfce44beta.repo

[xfce44beta]
name=Xfce 4.4 beta1
baseurl=http://www.scrye.com/xfce-4.4b1/development/RPMS
enabled=1