RFE: yum

Jason Dravet dravet at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 24 20:43:48 UTC 2006

Hello,

I was wondering what support there is for the following idea:  having yum be
able to remove the ntfs module for the kernel yum is removing.  Right now I
install the ntfs module from linux-ntfs.org for each kernel release.  When I
do a yum update and a new kernel is avaialable and installed, an old kernel
is also removed.  It would be nice if yum removed the old ntfs kernel module
as well.  This saves me from having to clean up after it i.e. remove the old
module package and rm -rf /lib/modules/old-kernel to get rid of the
remaining directory structure.  If any one else likes this idea I will open
a bugzilla RFE for it.

Thanks,
Jason