FC6T1 yum updates dropped off list?

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Sun Jun 25 19:25:07 UTC 2006

Just installed FC6T1 from DVD, it went fairly smooth, couple of issues
I'll bugzilla separately (loss of sound cand monitor recognition
compared to FC5) but this is more of a query ...

After the install, pup found a *lot* of updates it wanted to install, I
didn't fancy waiting for what looked like hundreds of MiB of RPMs to
install at that time, so I installed yumex and just selectively upgraded

1) kernel to 2.6.17-1.2307_FC6
2) the fedora-release package
3) makedev
4) everything related to selinux

I then rebooted to pickup the new kernel and went back into yumex
expecting to let it download all it originally wanted to while I had a
poke around the new o/s.

However all that yum/yumex wants to upgrade now is libgnomeui, I tried a
yum clean metadata and clean all, still the same, am I seeing this issue
by now hitting an outdated mirror? Or did the update of the
fedora-release package change the set of repos yum is pointing?