Single-boot on Mactel?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Jun 26 00:47:32 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-24 at 11:00 -0600, Peter Hutnick wrote:
> I'm dying to put Fedora on my Intel Mac Mini.
>
> I read http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraOnMactel.  Is it possible
> to single boot FC6t1 on a Mac Mini?  I don't want to run OS X, and it
> seems silly to give up gigs of disk for nothing but a boot loader.
>
> If so, what are the ins and outs of the install procedure?  If not, is
> this functionality planned for FC6t2 or the final version?

Hasn't been tried -- I would expect that you'll want to install BootCamp
from OS/X first and that after that, you should be able to blow away the
OS/X install if you want.  If it doesn't, you may end up reinstalling
OS/X to get the box booting again, though.

It's something that I should get around to trying at some point (as
there's no reason not to support it... although it's a little bit of the
unlikely case for people wanting to pay the premium on the apple
hardware)

Jeremy