mouse cursor problem

Lars G terraformers at gmail.com
Tue May 2 00:43:10 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 08:58 -0300, Ben Steeves wrote:
> On 4/30/06, Lars G <terraformers at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > problem here is that after using the desktop for some time, i can't
> > click on things anymore with the mouse cursor.
> > the cursor still moves, but can't interact with the desktop anymore.
> > pressing alt/tab key-combination makes it work ok again.
> > anyone have the same issue?
>
> YES!  It coincided with switching out my motherboard/CPU from an
> Athlon to a Pentium D 805, so I was thinking it was probably a
> hardware issue.  I'm relieved someone else is having the same problem.
>  I'm also having a problem with my USB keyboard in that single key
> presses are being repeated several times (i.e., I type 'y' and see
> 'yyyyy' show up in the terminal).  Also, occasionaly when I plug in a
> USB hard drive, my mouse and keyboard both become unresponsive and
> very jerky.
>
> I don't have any idea what's causing it, but I'd be happy to be a test
> subject to resolve it.

hey!
i use an athlon xp with nforce2 (asus a7n8x-dlx) mobo in combination
with an
logitech mx 310 usb mouse.
would be *great* to sort this out!
i tried enabling/disabling compositing of the x server and software
cursor in nvidia graphics drivers, nothing has helped so far.
it may have started looong time ago when the animated fedora swirl has
been added to the cursor theme but that is really a guess.

--
Lars

Mail terraformers at gmail.com
Web http://researchlab.terraformers.de