Repeated failures trying to update glibc using yum/rpm

Chasecreek Systemhouse chasecreek.systemhouse at
Tue May 23 16:23:01 UTC 2006

On 5/23/06, Art Haas <ahaas at> wrote:
> My question is just how is everyone else managing to get the last couple
> of glibc updates installed? Is there an option or set of options needed
> to make RPM skip the check where the assertion fails? Are people using
> some other program to do the installation, or perhaps built their own
> RPM binary and been using that?

Basically:  You have to tip toe around them; but FWIW I haven't gotten
all of them updated yet either.

Seriously:  Some of them you have to uninstall and then install the
dependencies, then reinstall.

A humorous reply:  That's why it's called the development branch -- we
be developing a way to get around stuff =)

WC (Bill) Jones --