Fedora Core 5 Test Update: wpa_supplicant-0.4.8-10.fc5

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sun May 28 03:10:49 UTC 2006

On 5/3/06, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> Fedora Test Update Notification
> FEDORA-2006-505
> 2006-05-03
>
> Product     : Fedora Core 5
> Name        : wpa_supplicant
> Version     : 0.4.8
> Release     : 10.fc5
> Summary     : WPA/WPA2/IEEE 802.1X Supplicant
> Description :
> wpa_supplicant is a WPA Supplicant for Linux, BSD and Windows with support
> for WPA and WPA2 (IEEE 802.11i / RSN). Supplicant is the IEEE 802.1X/WPA
> component that is used in the client stations. It implements key negotiation
> with a WPA Authenticator and it controls the roaming and IEEE 802.11
> authentication/association of the wlan driver.

Argh.. I wish I had had time to test this when it was in test channel.
The package does not seem to work anymore with ipw2200 cards for me.

The first problem seemed to be that /etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant got
changed to a newer 'default' setting. I changed them to what looked
correct for the box:

INTERFACES="-ieth1"
DRIVERS="-Dwext"

This caused the driver to fault out faster when trying to connect to
the WPA network I have. I tried changing it to what the man page
listed (ipw) but that is not available any more in the driver. I had
not changed any other file in the past because NetworkManager had
handled it.. however that does not seem to work in this setup :/

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator