Weird failure related to Nautilus

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue May 30 22:24:02 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Recently I've been noticing weird lock-ups of applications (usually
starting with Nautilus) that eventually leaves the desktop unresponsive,
along with no access to the virtual terminals (F1-F6).

It seems to start at times when I'm doing a couple of large downloads or
a large file transfer and then I use Nautilus for something.

Nautilus will stop responding, then the panel icons stop working and
slowly more and more applications start to join in (including not being
able to launch new applications, even while the panel is still running).

Has anyone else seen something like this. I'll happily (sic) file a bug
report, but I wan't to be able to offer something better than the
description above.

R.
 It's much better on my side"