"setting' sub-menu now missing from KDE main menu

David Fletcher fctesting at fletchersweb.net
Wed Nov 1 21:15:14 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 18:09, Fulko.Hew at sita.aero wrote:
> > I will have FC5 up this afternoon, when I am having a muck with the
> > Epson scanner.  I will see if I see anything obvious when using KDE.
OT which Epson scanner?

> Or better yet, log in to an un-updated FC5 with KDE, and you'll see
> a 'system' as well as ....
>
> ...WOAH...!!!!
>
> I just went back to the laptop to check on what I was going to type,
> and the menu's are now back to normal!  Something has obviously
> happened behind my back.  I think I'll post a followup on this one.

Mine got a couple of small updates yesterday evening - only about 700k. That
seemed to pretty well foul it up. kmail kept crashing, firefox refused to
start at all, then the entire system crashed and hung - twice. Rebooted it
again and ran the older kernel which got it going long enough to get the 290M
of KDE etc updates that appeared later. That finished about 01:00 so I just
rebooted it to make sure that it would, powered down and went to bed.

This evening it started up OK, then I noticed that the time was off by an
hour. I was just about to try to fix it when the screen went totally black,
the hard drive started clattering like crazy, I thought DAMN IT IT'S CRASHED
AGAIN! Then about a second later the screen came back, with the correct time
and it's still working a couple of hours later.

Now to have a play and see what's new.

At least kwallet now starts up when it's told to!

Dave F

--
Registered Linux user number 393408