Fedora Core 6 Common Issues

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Nov 2 03:13:25 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote:
>> I installed FC6 on a computer with a SIS integrated video. Anaconda
>> was not able to recognize the proper video card.
>
> Do you have a bug report on this?

No bug report on this one. Just knowing that I could specify a specific
driver for the Xserver overcame the problem with auto-detection and the
initial attempt crash. There will probably be other reports regarding
the SIS video detection problem by other users who do not know of this
option yet.
Though the system is setup, updates applied, extras packages configured,
I might find time to pull the hard disk and swap in a blank drive in its
place.
The system is on an Single Board Computer, NOVA which has integrated SIS
video.

The board is the RFW type from this datasheet.
http://www.digitaltechinc.com/nova-7895fw.pdf

Jim

--
<xtifr> you don't have to be insane to work here....oh wait, yes you do!
         :)