FC6 + Linksys RV016 network issue

Drew Bertola drew at drewb.com
Wed Nov 15 22:45:27 UTC 2006

Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 09:20 -0800, Drew Bertola wrote:
>

>> kernel 2.6.12 built w/ fc6 config works (lots of warnings and errors,
>> couldn't start X, but could load slashdot.org in it's entirety using
>> curl, so I guess it worked.
>>
>> I believe tcp_ecn is not the problem since I didn't play with it and
>> is(that would have been an easy fix)
>>
>> What I need is a kernel that doesn't exhibit this problem that will
>> build on fc6.
>>

> IPV6 turned on and causing it possibly?  I know you've already replied
> and possibly found an answer, but turning it off might help?
>
> Adding below to your /etc/modprobe.conf file
>
> alias net-pf-10 off
> alias ipv6 off
No, setting /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling to 0 did the trick.  I
did:

echo "net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling = 0" >> /etc/sysctl.conf

to make it stick.

Here's the thing that bothers me.  With earlier 2.6.x kernels (2.6.9 on
CentOS,
2.6.12 built on fc6 box), the problem isn't there.  I've verified that
tcp_window_scaling is enabled there.  Same firewall, etc.

So, what changed?
--
Drew