gnome-panel settings changed drastically

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Oct 1 04:55:20 UTC 2006

Tom Diehl wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Sep 2006, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>> I started gnome and both the top and bottom panels were at the top
>> left of the screen. The panels were not set to expand or placed in the
>> expected places.
>> I was able to move the panels to the right places, add back the window
>> list, clock, desktop switcher and customize all as what was set up in
>> the panels before the update.
>> Are these panels supposed to no be small and with minimum features?
>> I had to adjust the desktop switcher up to 4 desktops from 1.
>> Also, gnome-terminal changed to a very light yellow from the usual
>> white background. Is this by design?
>
> I did not see any change on either of my rawhide boxes as far as the colors
> or various panels, etc.
>
> Regards,

Thanks Tom for the feedback. I assume that my main disk is getting ready
to fail. It went into read-nly protection for the LVM for about the
fifth time. (Several days in between read-only access on the LVM) I
guess it is the disk integrity on my side causing the problem.
I'm waiting for the FC6-pre(test 4) ISO to finish downloading via
bittorrent. Afterward, I'll do a clean install using a newer disk.

I just wanted to be sure gnome was not changing to the "defaults" that I
am seeing.

Jim

--
Ogden's Law:
	The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.