cpu scaling questions

Fulko.Hew at sita.aero Fulko.Hew at sita.aero
Mon Oct 2 16:16:37 UTC 2006

fedora-test-list-bounces at redhat.com wrote on 10/02/2006 12:01:15 PM:

> On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 09:45:27AM -0400, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
>  >
>  > I've got two questions related to cpu scaling. On my laptop I've got a
>  > Core 2 Duo. Can the two cores scale frequencies independently?
>
> No. Think about it. You have a single package, with a single power
source.

Regardless...  I just ran KSysGuard, and had it plot the CPU frequency
for both halfs of my Core 2 Duo, and then ran 'find /' in one window.

What you see is that the clock on one CPU went up, and the other did not.

So based on that, I'd say yes... they can scale independently.

This document is strictly confidential and intended only for use by the addressee unless otherwise stated.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.