rawhide report: 20061002 changes

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 18:49:08 UTC 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: "buildsys at redhat.com" <buildsys at redhat.com>
To: fedora-devel-list at redhat.com; fedora-test-list at redhat.com
Sent: Monday, October 2, 2006 6:25:57 AM
Subject: rawhide report: 20061002 changes

Updated Packages:

ifd-egate-0.05-15
-----------------
* Thu Sep 28 2006 Bob Relyea <rrelyea at redhat.com>     0.05-15
- Fix slow hub issues

iproute-2.6.16-6.fc6
--------------------
* Sun Oct 01 2006 Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> - 2.6.16-6
- rebuilt for unwind info generation, broken in gcc-4.1.1-21

ipsec-tools-0.6.5-6
* Sun Oct 01 2006 Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> - 0.6.5-6
- rebuilt for unwind info generation, broken in gcc-4.1.1-21

I do not know which one of these updates broke my network connection and I am not sure that any of these made some changes.  file
/etc/hosts changed to
::1 and someone suggested that it should be 127.0.0.1  localhost.localdomain  localhost
/etc/sysconfig/network-? network scripts changed onboot=yes to onboot=no.  Since the computer was not officially on the network, I assigned a previous machine's MAC Address so that I could connect to the internet with this one.  I have tried to connect again using system-config-network activate eth0 and it tells me that the wire is not present when it was working properly before.  Please advice so that I can get this machine connected.

Regards,

Antonio