Have reached a point where I feel p***ed

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Oct 6 02:14:46 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 16:25 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/197033
> >
> > It has been enough time to downgrade the driver or request more feedback
> > from users who are hit hard by this. But what has happened instead? The
> > "bugzilla > /dev/null" syndrom again. Zero interest in avoiding this
> > serious regression compared with FC5.
>
> Not providing any detail about the bug you're pissed about - like, say,
> _which_ driver you're complaining about - is an excellent way of getting
> the maintainer to notice your email.  Likewise for nondescript subject
> lines.
>
> My Matrox cards work fine, so it's sort of hard for me to reproduce the
> bug, or characterize it sufficiently to provide test drivers.  And yeah,
> normally I don't see bugs in NEEDINFO because I'm the one who put them
> there and when the user clicks the magic check box they pop back out.
>
> It wouldn't really be acceptable to simply downgrade the driver, since
> that would lose support for new hardware.

I would rather not see reverting to a previous version of the driver and
loose functionality of the driver. However functionality for the basics
with at least the G200 and also the reported G400 is a large problem.
This problem needs addressed as well. Not all have the newer chipsets
which will benefit from the enhancements added to the driver.

This is not a rant, just a view.
Jim