Am I shooting for the stars asking for kernel 2.6.19 RC1 for

Kwan Lowe kwan at digitalhermit.com
Mon Oct 9 21:09:53 UTC 2006

> On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Kwan Lowe wrote:
>
>>> of course it won't work "cleanly," hence the need for
>>>
>>>   $ yes '' | make oldconfig
>>>
>>> to bring that FC stock config file into sync with the features of the
>>> newer tree.
>>
>> Sure, try that.
>
> Hmmm. I'm not in the mood to "try" these on an operational machine...
> unfortunately, that's all I have. I will let Dave Jones and friends keep
> having all of the fun. :-)

I wouldn't either.. I'm in the process of re-doing the TLDP kernel build guide and
FC5 is the primary platform I'm using to test. There are lots of changes between the
stock kernel and the FC5 kernel that default accepting/continuing will not resolve.
Some are code tweaks requiring patches. At this point it's a matter of taking the
fc5 sources trying to apply the patchsets from 2.6.18 to 2.6.19.

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan at digitalhermit.com