FC6 Pre first attempt failed

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Oct 11 15:06:47 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 10:57, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 October 2006 10:47, Guy Fraser wrote:
> > It very well might since FC5 defaults to using LVM and creating
> > partitions like :
> > /dev/mapper/VolGroup01-LogVol01
>
> Are you sure about that?  Concensus around here is that Anaconda would
> never create something with a dash in it like that unless the user
> specifically asked for it.

It was pointed out to me that 'VolGroup01' is the Volume Group name,
and 'LogVol01' is the logical volume name.  The crash problem is when the
Volume Group itself has dashes (as its reported Suse likes to do) giving you
something like /dev/mapper/My-Volgroup-Mylogvol01

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora