FC6 Pre first attempt failed

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Wed Oct 11 15:25:03 UTC 2006

> On Wednesday 11 October 2006 10:57, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 October 2006 10:47, Guy Fraser wrote:
> > > It very well might since FC5 defaults to using LVM and creating
> > > partitions like :
> > > /dev/mapper/VolGroup01-LogVol01
> >
> > Are you sure about that?  Concensus around here is that Anaconda would
> > never create something with a dash in it like that unless the user
> > specifically asked for it.
>
> It was pointed out to me that 'VolGroup01' is the Volume Group name,
> and 'LogVol01' is the logical volume name.  The crash problem is when the
> Volume Group itself has dashes (as its reported Suse likes to do) giving you
> something like /dev/mapper/My-Volgroup-Mylogvol01

Of course, I still can't reproduce the problem, either.

There _is_ a bug which prevents me from assigning mountpoints (or
editing at all) some previously defined logical volumes, but I can't
currently replicate the problem mentioned in this thread.

Tips for making it happen would be appreciated.
--
  Peter