XMMS Streaming issues.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Fri Oct 20 05:39:51 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I've been starting to listen to http://www.di.fm streams using XMMS
and I've noticed that these streams just seem to stop. The status
looks like it should still be playing, but audio stops...

I'm pretty sure that it isn't a buffering issue - as the buffer size
makes no difference - nor does any of the UI change to indicate it's
buffering at all...

I'm using the xmms-mp3 package from Livna to play the MP3s, and using
ALSA as an output... I've tried using both mmap mode non-mmap mode but
it doesn't seem to make much difference...

Has anyone else come across this and maybe solved this issue?

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au