firefox x86-64 crashes on print

sean seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 18:33:18 UTC 2006

Upgraded to fc6.

rpm -q firefox cups
firefox-1.5.0.7-7.fc6.x86_64
firefox-1.5.0.7-7.fc6.i386
cups-1.2.4-9.x86_64

If I try to print anything from firefox, the print dialog
comes up, but on clicking "print" firefox crashes, tho the
page does print!

Nothing in syslog.

I've b'zzila'd this : 209938 but no response.

I've tried both i386 and x86-64. Same result.

If I start if from /usr/lib64/firefox-1.5.0.7/

I get

./firefox
./run-mozilla.sh: line 131: 20051 Segmentation fault

Obviously no one else is seeing this, or the b'zilla entry
would have lots of traffic.

So it must be something strange in my setup.

Any hints?

BTW, everything else prints fine, including opera and
konqueror.  SeaMonkey has the same problem.

sean