rawhide report: 20061030 changes

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Oct 31 03:34:14 UTC 2006

David D. Hagood wrote:

>> I'm not so sure - I still am getting a failure to start Xorg - the
>> failure is a segfault in _dl_relocate_object in /lib/ld-linux.so.2,
>> and this is after updating.
>>

> Further investigation revealed that the xorg-x11-server-xorg package in
> Rawhide is busted - reverting to the FC6 version fixed the problem.

What is busted with xorg in rawhide? I have X and things worked fine for me.
Anyway, glad that reverting xorg prevented the error that you were getting.

The error that you mentioned earlier is provided by glibc.

  rpm -q --whatprovides /lib/ld-linux.so.2
glibc-2.5-3

The wonders of rawhide.
Jim

--
What you don't know can hurt you, only you won't know it.