Impossible to eject dvd?

Filip Tsachev filip.tsachev at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 9 10:25:39 UTC 2006

Hello,

On 06/09/06, Patrick <fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Seen this a couple if times now on my laptop running today's Rawhide.
> Insert dvd, browser window opens, click on some folder in the dvd and
> for example open a text file, close text file, close the browser window.
> Now right click on the dvd icon, select eject and all I get is:
>
> Cannot unmount volume
> An application is preventing the volume 'foo' from being unmounted.
>
> Only way to fix this is to logout, chvt 1, eject, chvt 7, login.
> Anyone have an idea what's causing this?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Patrick
I frequently run into this problem, it just makes no sense. The reason
is some gnome based tool which automounts, unfortunatelly I didn't
have the time to find&remove it. So in such cases I fire up terminal
and umount as root (only solution for me).
--
Cheers,
Filip

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FilipTsachev