Widescreen artwork?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 23:23:58 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 00:21 +0200, Mads Villadsen wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-09-10 at 17:45 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that this
> > is not possible in GRUB.
>
> That's fair enough then.
>
> >   However, the gdm theme autoadjusts to the
> > default resolution,
>
> That doesn't work for me - it appears stretched. I looked through the
> FedoraDNA gdm theme and I can't anything that would make it possible for
> the theme to appear correct in a 16:9 screen.
>
> There's a solid color background taking up 100% and on top of that there
> is an image in 4:3 format also taking up 100%.
>
> But maybe I just don't understand the gdm theme xml.

Hm, no, you're right.  Which is very strange, since -- given some
discussions from the past week or so -- the Artwork Project folks are
well aware of the need for scalability in the theme XML.  They may be
working on it, but please file a bug against the redhat-artwork RPM.
The illustrious Mr. Keating may have to make the call on this, but I
think it should block the final release.

> >  and at least the defalut wallpaper is included in
> > widescreen and other non-4:3 versions.
>
> Thanks. I found the widescreen version in /usr/share/backgrounds/images.
> Shouldn't it also appear by default in the background chooser?

Yes, q.v. above.