Please strip out the patch that brings up applications behind gnome-terminal

Susan Crayne crayne at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 13 15:24:55 UTC 2006

Miles Lane <miles.lane <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The most aggrevating example, though, is when I start ANY application
> from gnome-terminal (emacs, amarok, firefox, whatever).  I now have to
> click on the application window to give it focus.  I hate this!  I,
> personally, think it is brain-dead to not give focus to applications
> when they start (with the exception of dialogs which should be "system
> modal" in Windows parlance).
>
>       Miles

Would this "feature" also affect XUL dialogs in Firefox 1.5?  I have written an
application which works fine in FC4, Firefox 1.07, but in FC5, dialogs sometimes
come up without the focus.  If this is a bug, I think it is in FC5, since the
problem doesn't occur in Windows with Firefox 1.5.  I'm just trying to figure
out where to report this problem.

       Susan