No nautilus pref selection for default browser mode (was FC6T3 Install results)

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 15 14:09:25 UTC 2006

Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 21:06 -0500, Gerry Tool wrote:
>
>> I'll answer myself.  This checkbox most likely requires that
>> gconf-editor be installed.  It makes sense that it is so.  The checkbox
>> now appears in the Behavior tab after installing gconf-editor.
>
> There is no such dependency. And it seems very weird that something
> entierly unrelated like installing a package would affect the nautilus
> configuration dialog. Are you sure it wasn't there before installing
> gconf-editor?

>  Alexander Larsson                                            Red Hat, Inc

I am now sure that I must have overlooked the checkbox item when I first
looked for it.  I just did a fresh install as close as possible the same
as the previous one, and indeed the checkbox item is there without
installing gconf-editor.

I apologize for my inaccuracy and the false alarm and will look for some
kind of brain enhancement pills to take.

Thanks.

Gerry Tool