Default monospace font

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Fri Sep 22 17:07:21 UTC 2006

I see that I missed the discussion of the default font change, already,
and quite the pity.  I vastly prefer Luxi to DejaVu, especially the
monospace font.  DejaVu is just a little bit hideous.

What's the easiest way to change the preferred fonts?  I tried moving
Luxi Mono to the top of the "prefer" list in
/etc/fonts/conf.d/60-latin.conf, but Thunderbird and gnome-terminal both
seem to still be using DejaVu.  I'd prefer not to have to change the
font in multiple places if I don't have to. :)