rawhide report: 20060922 changes

David Andersson andda347 at student.liu.se
Fri Sep 22 17:23:11 UTC 2006

fre 2006-09-22 klockan 20:00 +0300 skrev cornel panceac:
> the only update i've seen in the last 24 hours was cdlabelgen ...
>

> On 9/22/06, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> > >
> > > Give the mirrors time to update?  Personally, I always wait 3-4 hours after
> > > the announcement, though I know it doesn't always take so long.  Basically,
> > > if you know there are updates available but none show up, it's almost
> > > certain that the mirrors are not yet fully updated.
> > >
> > It's over 5 hours now and I still can't get the updates.  I'm beginning to
> > think that there really is something wrong.
This is because the mirrorlist for i386
(http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=i386)
onĺy contains one server
(http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/development/$ARCH/os/) that server is really out of date.

You can get the new updates by uncommenting baseurl:blaha blaha
in /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-development.repo and commenting out
mirrorlist=blaha blaha, see attached file.

Someone should really figure out why the mirrorlist only contains one
entry, has it always (during latest rawhide that is) been like this?
The mainrepo should at least be with for fallback.