FC6T3 installation questions (Konqueror menus)

Kwan Lowe kwan at digitalhermit.com
Sun Sep 24 02:49:26 UTC 2006

Hello all:

I've been trying out FC6T3 on a VMWare partition on an Intel Core 2 Duo.
Installation was unenventful except for a glitch with the IPV6 configuration
(existing bug). It *feels* quicker overall and almost everything "just worked".

One minor thing that didn't:  fluxbox didn't install properly via yum. It was
choking on pyxdg and artwiz-aleczapka-fonts packages which I installed manually from
the development repository.

One nit in reqards to a KDE app...
In Konqueror, it seems that the width of the menus keeps on growing with each
iteration. For example, click on the "View" or "Settings" menu entry and you have to
move the pointer a couple inches of screen space to get to sub-menus. With a
trackpad this becomes annoying becomes you tend to touch the entries above or below
and this dismisses the submenu. Is it possible to edit the menus so the text (and
thus the menu width) is not so wide?

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan at digitalhermit.com