Suspend works in 2.6.18 but sound fails at resume.

Stanton P. McIntosh stanmc1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 12:30:48 UTC 2006

I am running FC6T3 with the following response to uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-1.2689.fc6 #1 SMP Thu Sep 21 21:04:11 EDT
2006 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux. Suspend did not work under 2.6.17 on my
machine. In fact it required messy reboots that caused BIOS problems. I'm
happy that Suspend works under 2.6.18 as well as it does. When I resume from
suspend I have no sound. A simple reboot cures the problem.

I would prefer that the suspend option on the menus at "f" would require a
yes or no or that it be put under shutdown along with
hibernate/restart/cancel/shutdown. Occasionally I accidentally click it when
I'm trying to move up the menu tree. If that would not be agreeable, I would
like a menu option to disable/remove it from the menu. I don't suspend my
computer as it runs FAH (fold at home) from the time it starts in the
morning until it is shutdown in the evening.

System info = AsRock 939 Dual Sata II, AMD 939 X2 3800+.