compiz themes (cgwd & themes)

Timothy Vismor vismor.td at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 15:50:58 UTC 2006

On 9/26/06, Rahul <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> It wont be in FC6 and nothing is going to be added to rawhide at this
> point that will disrupt the release. It would be nice to have such
> packages in Fedora Extras meanwhile and I have posted a request a day
> back in fedora-extras list to do so.
>
> Rahul

It is my understanding that cgwd requires a fork of compiz (by someone
called Quinn Storm) to run. The theming software will not work with the
vanilla version of compiz found in Fedora. I believe the themed variant of
compiz originated in the Ubuntu community. I noticed in compiz git that Dave
Reveman has recently checked in some updates to make vanilla compiz work
with metacity themes.

Tim