Nfs-utils update not working due to missing dependencies

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Fri Sep 29 07:05:30 UTC 2006

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 10:01:33AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Luke Macken wrote:
> >>>
> >>Curious. Are we planning to get this system in place for Fedora Extras
> >>or Fedora Legacy updates too? Why do you have to manually click a button
> >>to get the tests running instead of it running by default?
> >
> >I'm working on a redesign of the current update system to allow it to
> >encompass Core/Extras/Legacy.  The current system that is in place is
> >gets the job done, but is not modular and is a pain to maintain.  I'm
> >working on porting it to the TurboGears stack, and making it dead simple
> >to plug in modules to any part of the package update process.
> >
> >The dependency checking is currently a button because it takes *forever*
> >and sometimes brings up false-positives.  I'm going to prod at the code
> >this weekend and see if I can get this issue resolved once and for all.
> >

> Thanks for the update luke. When is your Pup notification changes
> hitting the development tree btw?

The code has been in pirut since 1.1.9-1.  Once FC6 hits and updates
start getting pushed through the update system, pup/pirut will notice
the updateinfo.xml.gz in the repodata and start using it.

Puplet notifications are working for rawhide; it just can't determine if
an update is a security fix or not.

luke