Nfs-utils update not working due to missing dependencies

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Sep 29 12:38:40 UTC 2006

On Friday 29 September 2006 03:23, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Puplet notifications are working for rawhide; it just can't determine if
> > an update is a security fix or not.
>
> Why is it unable to differentiate a security fix in rawhide? Does the
> system differentiate between packages with bug fixes and one that has
> new features or just between security updates and the rest?

The update tool has a checkbox for 'security' that makes the tool act slightly
different for that update.  Adds the SECURITY word to the subject, etc...  We
don't use the update tool for rawhide, rawhide is just a compose of what
happens to be in the FC6 collection at that time.  There is no real knowledge
of whats new in that compose when creating the repodata so nothing is really
an 'update' per se, its a brand new tree which happens ot have some packages
which are newer than the previous tree or whats installed on people's system.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora