F8T1 on a ThinkPad 600X

chris at idlelion.net chris at idlelion.net
Thu Aug 9 21:05:05 UTC 2007

I tested stock F8T1 (no updates) in my ThinkPad 600X. Audio doesn't work
after resume, but that's a very old bug. Alsa maintainer Takashi Iwai
tells me there are fixes in the 2.6.23-rc* kernels. When might that get
migrated into F8? I'll test more soon, actually install and get updates
this time.

Video doesn't work after resume, but a work-around of switching to console
and back works. There is a bugzilla ticket on that one.

The new video issue is that if you drag an open dialog (like Nautilus) so
the left side is past the left edge of the screen and pull it down, a
single pixel's width of the dialog appears on the RIGHT edge of the
screen. If you slide the dialog up, the rightmost column on the screen
does not change, but then if you drag it down again, the rightmost column
does change. The video chip is the NM2360 (NeoMagic MagicGraph256ZX with
4MB VRAM).

I'd like to make sure it gets attention, and isn't a duplicate, but I'm
still new to the testing procedures here. Tips are most appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris