Kernel Panic

Chris Schumann chris at idlelion.net
Sat Aug 11 22:34:01 UTC 2007

I'm testing F8T1 on a ThinkPad 600X. It unsurprisingly didn't recognize
my Atheros-based 802.11g card, so I thought I'd try a LinkSys 16-bit
802.11b card (WPC11 v1, IIRC) that has worked in older versions of
Fedora Core.

I got a kernel panic while booting, so I removed the card and rebooted.
I waited until it was looking for new hardware, inserted the card, and
the machine locked up with the blinking keyboard indicators.

Is there a trick to using a 16-bit WiFi card in a CardBus machine? Is it
just this card? Is this a new bug?

Thanks,
Chris