kernel panic in 2.6.23-0.xx.rc2.fc8

David Mack dmack at juniper.net
Mon Aug 13 18:36:51 UTC 2007

The most recent rawhide kernel (2.6.23-0.101.rc2.git5.fc8) is still
panicking when it tries to bring up the Ethernet. The message is:

Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt

EIP is somewhere in _list_add, so I'm guessing this is a bad linked
list.

I would appreciate recommendations for reporting and/or debugging this.

Dave