Stupid question about updates

Arch Willingham arch at tuparks.com
Wed Aug 15 20:18:09 UTC 2007

I have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the Linux experience since I started using it twoish years ago. I now have it running on ten machines (two servers and eight off site laptops/workstations that are used on our jobsites - we are a construction company). With that said, I watch the postings that hit this list as it is interesting to see how y'all are progressing with changes. One thing I have never figured out is what happens once one of these "Fedora Test Update Notification" updates is posted? Do they get sent to one main master distribution and then that gets synchronized out to the mirrors around the world? How long does it normally take to update the servers once y'all post it (I.E. for example, one notification just hit called "Fedora 7 Test Update: kernel-2.6.22.2-57.fc7"...how long until I do a yum update will it take before I get it?). I know that answer is impossible to answer specifically...I was just wondering in general what happens.

Just curious...thanks!

Arch