yum update dependency and requirement errors as of today

stan stanl at cox.net
Thu Aug 16 22:01:15 UTC 2007

Adrian Mazarache wrote:
> On 8/16/07, *stan* <stanl at cox.net <mailto:stanl at cox.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     This is the list of dependency and requirement errors I got while
>     running yum update today.  Posting it in case it will help anyone
>     resolve dependency issues for their package.
>     I have 3971 packages installed so this should be fairly comprehensive.
>     Repos enabled are fedora-devel and livna-devel.
>

> I think you have to disable livba-devel repo

Actually, most of them are package problems on libraries.  A big one is
libwnck-1.18.so, when the current version is linwnck-2.18.so on my system.
It might be because I upgraded to rawhide from FC7 instead of doing an
install.

I don't really care about them, was just posting them in case they could
be of
use to someone.   I'll probably just uninstall them and reinstall them
if the problem persists.

My system seems to be working fine.