f8t1 install and update report

Dylan Graham dylan.graham at internode.on.net
Fri Aug 17 06:59:40 UTC 2007

Hi all!
Today I installed the i386 build on a Dell Inspiron 640m over http in
text mode and with selinux=0 set.

My Windows XP partition was not detected and I had to manually edit
grub.conf after installation.
I then yum updated the system before further testing.

Suspend/Resume worked perfectly. Hibernate seemed to work however upon
resuming it told me my computer had failed to hibernate. It appeared
that the wireless device 'kill switch' was activated but not removed
after hibernation.

My dmesg gets quickly filled up with "wlan0: RX non-WEP frame, but
expected encryption" however it works fine. (iwl3945)

When desktop effects were enabled, most windows would start behind the
top panel in Gnome which was quite annoying so I disabled the effects.

Will continue to play around but looking great so far, well done!