kernel updates and kmod-nvidia for f8

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Dec 6 06:37:47 UTC 2007

On 06.12.2007 07:10, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 14:16 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>> On Monday 03 December 2007, Mike C wrote:
> [...]
>>> Does anyone know if there a packaging error somewhere?
>> Ask in the appropriate place.  the livna mailinglists
> Ah, actually, given that this is
>
> 1. a bug that's been recently fixed in yum, but that
> 2. the fix hasn't trickled down to F8 yet,
>
> this is the right list to ask about this on.

Not that it matter much, but I tend to disagree. According to

this list is for "For testers of Fedora Core development releases". So
this is for rawhide users which these days often directly send their
mails to fedora-devel at redhat.com (where they sometimes, but not always
get a reply "this is off topic here") .

Afaik this list is also for users of updates-testing repos for released
Fedora versions. But some of them send their questions here, some to
fedora-devel and others to fedora-list.

The latter list is afaics the one where the question that started this
thread would have been on topic, as the problem happened with a released
Fedora version.

As

 * all the above is not obvious

 * the mailing list descriptions misleading and not up2date (Core in the
name, usage for test updates not mentioned)

 * the users are confused

it doesn't matter much. Just post somewhere :-))

CU
knurd

P.S.: We maybe should kill this list. Or maybe better: "rename"
fedora-devel to fedora-developers to make it obvious that the list is
for developers; in parallel rename fedora-test-list to
fedora-devel-users and guide users to use the proper list