[Fedora Update] [comment] k3b-1.0.4-3.fc8

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Fri Dec 7 15:55:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 07:33:08 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:

> Tomas Mraz wrote:

> >> I'm not amused and hereby will officially stop commenting on
> >> test updates in bodhi.
> > +1 What's the purpose of testing updates when reported regressions are
> > ignored?
>
> Michael, Tomas, chill.
>
> 1.  the feedback wasn't ignored.

So? Not withdrawing the push-request and not commenting on my comment in
bodhi is the worst that could have happened. The -1 vote was ignored. It
wasn't worth a penny. That turns this feature of bodhi into a joke.

> 2.  the reported behavior was not fatal, unlike the bug that this update
> fixes, which *is* a crasher.

Having to cancel the burning-session is fatal misbehaviour. "Cancel" in
k3b is equal to "not successful". Without verifying the burnt data, the
burning-session was not successful.

The k3b 1.0.4 changelog does not mention anything related to a FLAC import
fix. The diff agains 1.0.3 doesn't touch the FLAC decoder. The RH bugzilla
ticket does not explain either what the fix was.

However, the changelog mentions experimental changes related to unloading
the disc before verifying written data.

> fwiw, it looks like this has already been reported upstream:
> http://bugs.kde.org/152226

Look at the date!
And there are more/similar reports on the ML and in the tracker at sf.net