Firefox and mplayer-plugin

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 01:32:18 UTC 2007

Antonio M wrote:
> It is a little bit OT but:
>
> If you install mplayer-plugin from livna and you issue about:plugins
> you don't see plugin listed (but if you look into
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins you find related files in place...

The mplayerplug-in-3.45-2.lvn8.i386 package works fine in F8 and does display
the plugin information in about:plugins, with mplayer-1.0-0.88.rc2.lvn8.i386 and
firefox-2.0.0.10.2.fc8.i386.

I'm without a rawhide box setup atm so cannot compare my F8 setup to that.
Which mplayer and plug-in package versions do you have?

The about:plugins list has listed mplayerplug-in.so as the file being used, and
it only exists in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/, with 755 perms; there are also the
codec specific mplayerplug-in-xxx.so.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> <ajfarris at gmail.com>
   gpg 0xC99B1DF3 at pgp.mit.edu