Fedora updates-testing report

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 06:15:15 UTC 2007

Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 22:22 -0600, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
>> Nice! I like the format where you get the "headline news" list of all the
>> packages updated at the top. Thanks for doing that!
>
> Sort of, but it needs trimming down quite a bit.  Taking out some of the
> key info or whatever, as it's way too long now, at least with a decent
> amount of updates.
>
> Maybe similar to the rawhide report, or at least along those lines?

I think its still important for the testing report to have the various packages
and architectures effected listed, not just as simple as the rawhide report.
These are not necessarily updates that always effect everyone, so its nice to
see where its important that they are tested.

I'm not sure that the block:

> This update can be installed with the "yum" update program.  Use
> su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update pidgin'
> at the command line.  For more information, refer to "Managing Software
> with yum", available at http://docs.fedoraproject.org/yum/.

needs to be there for every update though, perhaps just once after the list at
the top and then a special note instead IF its needed where something is NOT
going to be available via yum repos.

In any case the leading list of packages is a major help.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> <ajfarris at gmail.com>
   gpg 0xC99B1DF3 at pgp.mit.edu