Latest updates broke my system

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Wed Dec 12 12:52:34 UTC 2007

David Timms schrieb:
> Antonio M wrote:
>> After latest updates (including Xserver, kernel, selinux policyof my
>> server, I set Selinux to enforced (immediately after updates) and I
>> couldn't log in graphically, I get the message the login was too
>> short, some errors in Xlof file saying that daemon hald (not sure
>> about it, maybe some bus, I am not sitting at the computer now....) is
>> not started
>
> Hint: if running with rawhide it would be good to set yum.conf's
> keepcache=1
> Then if you have problematic updates you can more easily re-install
> your  previous versions, based on your symptons and best guesses, and
> /var/log/yum.logs
>
> As you are probably aware with all open source software you get to
> keep both pieces why it breaks, and applies doubly to rawhide. Urgent
> is not a helpful subject when we are talking rawhide ;-)
>
> Listing the packages that changed would probably help us to understand
> what went wrong...
>
> DaveT.

i am no selinux expert, this is the reason why i use  "selinux=permissive"
since yesterday i get a nice warning in gnome, no sound but the rest is
ok ;)

# rpm -q --changelog selinux-policy-targeted | head
* Di Dez 11 2007 Dan Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> 3.2.3-1
- Add polkit policy
- Symplify userdom context, remove automatic per_role changes
* Di Dez 04 2007 Dan Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> 3.2.2-1
- Update to upstream
- Allow httpd_sys_script_t to search users homedirs
* Mo Dez 03 2007 Dan Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> 3.2.1-3
- Allow rpm_script to transition to unconfined_execmem_t

# grep Hello /var/log/messages
Dec 11 21:33:22 localhost pulseaudio[4418]: polkit.c: Cannot connect to
session bus: An SELinux policy prevents this sender from sending this
message to this recipient (rejected message had interface
"org.freedesktop.DBus" member "Hello" error name "(unset)" destination
"org.freedesktop.DBus")
Dec 11 22:19:08 localhost setroubleshoot: [dbus.ERROR] could not start
dbus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An SELinux policy
prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient
(rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.DBus" member "Hello"
error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.DBus")
Dec 11 22:19:11 localhost setroubleshoot: [dbus.ERROR] could not start
dbus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An SELinux policy
prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient
(rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.DBus" member "Hello"
error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.DBus")
Dec 11 22:26:06 localhost setroubleshoot: [dbus.ERROR] could not start
dbus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An SELinux policy
prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient
(rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.DBus" member "Hello"
error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.DBus")
Dec 11 22:26:44 localhost setroubleshoot: [dbus.ERROR] could not start
dbus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An SELinux policy
prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient
(rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.DBus" member "Hello"
error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.DBus")
Dec 11 22:28:36 localhost setroubleshoot: [dbus.ERROR] could not start
dbus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An SELinux policy
prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient
(rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.DBus" member "Hello"
error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.DBus")
Dec 11 22:29:11 localhost setroubleshoot: [dbus.ERROR] could not start
dbus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An SELinux policy
prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient
(rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.DBus" member "Hello"
error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.DBus")
Dec 12 00:13:00 localhost pulseaudio[5261]: polkit.c: Cannot connect to
session bus: An SELinux policy prevents this sender from sending this
message to this recipient (rejected message had interface
"org.freedesktop.DBus" member "Hello" error name "(unset)" destination
"org.freedesktop.DBus")
Dec 12 13:19:40 localhost pulseaudio[4734]: polkit.c: Cannot connect to

--
shrek-m