Latest updates broke my system

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Dec 13 03:25:48 UTC 2007

Antonio Olivares wrote:
(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented,
>> (??) unknown.
>> (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Dec

> I had the same problem upon rebooting, and good thing
> I read the mails from this list and used
> a for append, added a 3 and enforcing=0 to the kernel
> parameters.  Have not gotten to kernel 83 yet, but
> will try to do so. If it boots for me, I;ll report
> back and hopefully selinux does not get in the way
> upon booting with default options for me which is
> enforcing.
>
> Here's what I got without using enforcing=0 as a
> kernel option:
>
> BTW, without enforcing=0, startx fails when booting
> with 83 kernel.

I am still stranded on the kernel-2.6.23.8-63.fc8 since I get some node
problem followed by a lockup after the network starts.

There should be some SELinux errors in the browser. Unfortunately you
need to start it with
  /usr/bin/sealert -S
from a terminal. It is usually started via  /usr/bin/sealert -b but does
not come up.

There are several other errors out there that I have to confirm are
fixed before submitting new reports. The errors with X related problems
are the culprets.
Until the errors are fixed, enforcing=0 is the only way to get X up and
running.

Jim

--
You've always made the mistake of being yourself.
		-- Eugene Ionesco