CD writer and USB disk are not mounted

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:00:22 UTC 2007

2007/12/14, Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>:
> If my system don't see the CDwriter, any external USB disk or USB
> stick and the other NFTS attached disk, which the component to file
> the bug against???
> Please note that for example CDwriter is  /dev/scd0 from hardware list
> but if I issue:
>  mount /dev/scd0

> mount: impossibile trovare /dev/scd0 in /etc/fstab o /etc/mtab
>
> that means /dev/scd0 is not found in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
>
> On the other side when I connect an USB stick for example I see it on
> the output of command lsusb...
>
> Tnx
>
> --
> Antonio Montagnani
> Skype : antoniomontag

my fstab file
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap                    swap    defaults        0 0

my mtab file
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 / ext3 rw 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,gid=5,mode=620 0 0
/dev/sda1 /boot ext3 rw 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0
none /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc binfmt_misc rw 0 0
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag