Synaptics works again . . xorg.conf works now

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Dec 14 11:55:39 UTC 2007

Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> Removing the explicit InputDevice section for the synaptics gives me
> working "joystick" buttons but I loose the synaptics functionality. I'm
> guessing that with a bit of fiddling they can both be made to work.
>
> Previously this "just worked" however.

I have a USB mouse connected which works when running without an
xorg.conf file in tandem with the pointer only for the touchpad.
With the xorg.conf file, the USB mouse does not work but the synaptics
functions as before the X problem.
Secondary pointing devices might need attention when running with an
xorg.conf file.

Jim