how to use text mode during installation part 2?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Dec 16 23:20:30 UTC 2007

Fulko Hew wrote:
> I'm trying to help a friend install F8 (from the 'live CD',
> but when it comes to the final steps of config,
> (after the reboot after the install), Fedora uses a GUI
> to do this, but for some reason, the vert/horiz rates
> the installer choses, or the resolution it chooses,
> doesn't work for either of his monitors.
>
> So... he can't read the subsequent screens
> to finish the installation.
>
> Does anyone have any workarounds to either:
>   a) perform stage 2 of the install in text mode
>   b) get stage 2 to use a lower screen resolution
>
> TIA
> Fulko

linux xdriver=vesa
might do the trick. The person will have to reconfigure X to use the
proper driver once the installation is done. There are also
resolution=800x600 or something along those lines to force a particular
resoution.

Jim

--
Getting the job done is no excuse for not following the rules.

Corollary:
	Following the rules will not get the job done.