for rawhide report 20071220, firefox cannot update, libsilc and no sound

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 13:48:12 UTC 2007

Dear all,

when applying todays rawhide updates (20071220), I see
the following:

Missing Dependency: libgtkembedmoz.so is needed by
package firefox-devel
Missing Dependency: libxpcom_core.so is needed by
package firefox-devel
Missing Dependency: firefox = 2.0.0.10-5.fc9 is needed
by package firefox-devel

I also see the libpurple one:

Missing Dependency: libsilcclient-1.0.so.1 is needed
by package libpurple
Missing Dependency: libsilc-1.0.so.2 is needed by
package libpurple

Also sound is still missing :(.  It was not working
came back to life and now is not working again.

Also, machine starts up in enforcing mode, but gdm/X
window system quits because of
INIT:  Id "x" respawning too fast:  disabled for 5
minutes.

Tommorrow, we will be away for the holidays :), come
back on January 7 till then, it will be hard to apply
the new updates and report back on them.

Happy wishes for all during the holidays.  Merry
Christmas and a Happy New Year

[olivares at localhost ~]$ uname -iprm
2.6.24-0.115.rc5.git5.fc9 i686 athlon i386
[olivares at localhost ~]$ cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora release 8.90 (Rawhide)

Regards,

Antonio